Our Current Needs
Thank you for your interest in donating to The Delores Project. We depend on the generous support of our donors in order to serve our community.
Women, transgender women, transgender men, and nonbinary individuals stay in our Shelter and participate in our Continued Care Rehousing Program. We serve all genders and all ages in our Supportive Housing Apartments. Please choose items that are gender-inclusive to accommodate all community members.
Due to limited storage space and staff capacity, we only accept scheduled donations of items from our Top Needs or Ongoing Needs listed below.
New, unexpired, and unopened items preferred.
Purchase items from our Amazon Wish List and have them sent straight to our door: https://a.co/gWAOZrD
Help us create gift bags for our guests this holiday!
Every year our staff poses as elves to stuff goodie bags for our beloved guests. Any help you can provide is welcome and appreciated!
Click here to see the full list:
We're also collecting the most sought-after gift in the shelter - GIFT CARDS!
Walmart - King Soopers - Visa - Fast Food - Audible - Spotify
Last updated: 11/23/2022
- Cough drops
- Travel size Vaseline
- Insulated reusable grocery bag with zippered top
- Reusable grocery bags (will accept gently used)
- Underwear and boxer shorts (size Medium)
- Black hair care products (shampoo, conditioner, leave-in conditioner, styling agents)
- Combs & brushes (good for detangling)
- Travel size hygiene items:
- body wash
- shampoo & conditioner
- Disposable surgical masks (not K95/KN95 please)
- Rubber flip-flops (shower shoes)
- Coffee cups
- Dinner plates
- Stainless forks and spoons
- Beverage tumblers
- Donate a Meal
While we appreciate every gift, we have limited storage space and staff capacity. At this time, we do not need the following items:
- Canned goods and pantry items (prepared foods)
- Menstrual hygiene products
- Furniture and appliances
- Books and magazines
Please consider donating those items to one of these wonderful organizations instead:
- The Gathering Place
- Urban Peak
- Mental Health Center of Denver
- Dress for Success Denver
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
Please keep in mind that we cannot distribute the following items to our community members:
- Items with a religious or political theme/message, including cards or handwritten notes
- Bath salts or bath bombs
- OTC medicines, vitamins, or supplements
- Alcoholic beverages, alcohol-flavored foods, or alcoholic accessories (e.g., a bottle opener)
- Items containing CBD or THC