Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Delores Project. To sign up for a volunteer orientation please complete the individual or group applications below.
Please note that we request a 6-month commitment from our program volunteers. Special events and donation drives are a great way to be involved if you would like a shorter time commitment!
The Delores Project relies on over 800 volunteers annually to support our mission and programs. Nearly 90% of the daily meals and snacks are provided and served by volunteers. The combination of meal providers and in-kind donations of house supplies saves The Delores Project over $100,000 each year. Here are some of the regular volunteer opportunities available:
- Program Volunteers
- Meal provider (cooks meal at The Delores Project for 60 – 70 people)
- Meal server (helps serve meals that are already provided)
- Errand assistant (picks up donations or other items needed for the shelter)
- Shelter assistant (cleans and organizes shelter spaces, helps staff with various shelter tasks)
- Life-Skills facilitator (facilitates classes that are useful for our guests and residents)
- Service provider (provides services for our guests and residents i.e. haircuts, health services)
- Administrative volunteer (assists different departments with data entry, mailings, events)
- Short-Term Volunteers
- In-Kind donation liaison (hosts a donation drive for TDP's most need items)
- Freezer meal provider
- Special events volunteers (assists with set-up, registration, clean up at events)
- Large Group Volunteers *We do not have any available dates for large groups at this time. Please check back later!
- Shelter and housing work
- Other projects
We require new volunteers to attend an orientation before volunteering at The Delores Project. Please complete our volunteer application and orientation sign-up here:
Contact Lilly Redford, Volunteer Coordinator with any questions:
firstname.lastname@example.org - (303) 534-5411 ext. 110