COVID-19 UPDATE FOR MEAL PROVIDERS:
The Delores Project is considered an essential business under this order therefore TDP employees and volunteers may travel in the city in support of TDP work and volunteer services. If you are traveling during the Shelter-In-Place order, feel free to print this letter, fill in your name, and carry it with you: Denver Essential Business Travel Letter
In an effort to practice social distancing as best as possible at the shelter, we are updating our meal services in the following ways:
- Dinner and Lunch services will begin earlier than usual (12:00 pm for lunch, 6:45 pm for dinner)
- We will be doing two shifts of mealtime, each 45 minutes long (12:00-12:30, 12:30-1:00, 6:45-7:15, 7:15-7:45)
If you are dropping food off that needs to be reheated, please try to have it to the shelter at 11:00 or 5:45, respectively. If the food is hot or being delivered from a restaurant, please have it to the shelter at 11:45 or 6:15.
View our meal needs HERE.
If you are not feeling well or have knowingly been exposed to the virus, please stay home and let Volunteer Coordinator, Lilly, know. The Delores Project is committed to the health and well-being of our volunteers, staff, and guests.
ALL LIFE SKILLS CLASSES ARE CANCELLED AT THIS TIME.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Delores Project. To sign up for a volunteer orientation please complete the individual or group applications below.
Please note that we request a 6-month commitment from our program volunteers. Special events and donation drives are a great way to be involved if you would like a shorter time commitment!
The Delores Project relies on over 800 volunteers annually to support our mission and programs. Nearly 90% of the daily meals and snacks are provided and served by volunteers. The combination of meal providers and in-kind donations of house supplies saves The Delores Project over $100,000 each year. Here are some of the regular volunteer opportunities available:
- Program Volunteers
- Meal provider (cooks meal at The Delores Project for 60 – 70 people)
- Meal server (helps serve meals that are already provided)
- Errand assistant (picks up donations or other items needed for the shelter)
- Shelter assistant (cleans and organizes shelter spaces, helps staff with various shelter tasks)
- Life-Skills facilitator (facilitates classes that are useful for our guests and residents)
- Service provider (provides services for our guests and residents i.e. haircuts, health services)
- Administrative volunteer (assists different departments with data entry, mailings, events)
- Short-Term Volunteers
- In-Kind donation liaison (hosts a donation drive for TDP's most need items)
- Freezer meal provider
- Special events volunteers (assists with set-up, registration, clean up at events)
- Large Group Volunteers *We do not have any available dates for large groups at this time. Please check back later!
- Shelter and housing work
- Other projects
We require new volunteers to attend an orientation before volunteering at The Delores Project. Please complete our volunteer application and orientation sign-up here:
ORIENTATIONS WILL BE POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Contact Lilly Redford, Volunteer Coordinator with any questions:
email@example.com - (303) 534-5411 ext. 110