Thank you for your interest in volunteering with The Delores Project.
The Delores Project relies on over 800 volunteers annually to support our mission and programs. Nearly 90% of the daily meals and snacks are provided and served by volunteers. The combination of meal providers and in-kind donations of house supplies saves The Delores Project over $100,000 each year. Here are some of the regular volunteer opportunities available:
- Meal Program Volunteers (SIGN UP HERE)
- Meal provider (provides a meal for 30-50 guests; cook the meal in your home, cook the meal in our commercial kitchen at the shelter, or order from a restaurant to be delivered to the shelter)
- Meal server (helps serve meals that are provided)
- Shelter Volunteers
- Shelter assistant (cleans and organizes shelter spaces, helps staff with various shelter tasks)
- Life Skills facilitator (facilitates classes that are useful for our guests and residents)
- Service provider (provides services for our guests and residents i.e. haircuts, health services)
- Operations Volunteers
- Errand assistant (picks up donations or other items needed for the shelter)
- Administrative volunteer (assists different departments with data entry, mailings, events)
- Short-Term Volunteers
- In-Kind donation liaison (hosts a donation drive for TDP's most need items)
- Freezer meal provider
- Special events volunteers (assists with set-up, registration, clean up at events)
- Large Group Volunteers *We do not have any available dates for large groups at this time. Please check back later!
- Shelter and housing work
- Other projects
Please send any questions you have to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Delores Project is committed to the health and well-being of our volunteers, staff, and guests.
As a result of the pandemic, the shelter is open 24/7, and we are reducing the number of guests from 60 to 43. We made these changes, along with other enhanced safety procedures detailed in the document linked below, to meet the needs of shelter guests, follow recommendations by the CDC and local public health officials, and protect the health and safety of The Delores Project community.
Read our full Coronavirus (COVID-19) Volunteer Response Plan:
If you are not feeling well or have knowingly been exposed to the virus, please stay home and let us know by email to email@example.com.